Recruitment Privacy Notice
This notice sets out Salt Blockchain Inc.’s policy on processing the personal data of job applicants or others seeking information about employment opportunities with us. In this notice, Salt Blockchain Inc. may be referred to as the “Company,” “we,” or “us.” The words “you” and “your” refer to the job applicant or other person whose data we process.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants, including special categories of data. It is our policy to handle your personal information responsibly and in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
The Personal Information We Collect
We collect a range of information about you as part of your job application and recruitment process. This may include:
• your name, alias, postal address, contact details, including email address, telephone number and a photograph, SSN, driver’s license number, passport number
• your signature, physical characteristics or description, state ID card number, bank account number
• your date of birth, gender, marital status
• details of your education background, qualifications, professional licenses and memberships, skills, experience, employment, and employment history, CV, interview notes, outcome of application
• information about your current level of compensation, including benefits
• whether or not you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process
• information about entitlement to work in a jurisdiction
• passwords and security questions when you apply via our website
• equal opportunities monitoring information, including information relating to characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, including race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, citizenship status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, and political activities or affiliations, and
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, information regarding your interaction with our website.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect this information as part of our recruitment and hiring processes in a variety of ways, including:
• directly from you when you apply for a role or when you submit your personal information to us via our website or an alternative application form
• from your passport or other identity documents, or through interviews or other forms of assessment
• from third parties, such as recruitment agencies acting on your behalf or references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers and information from criminal records checks. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that we are doing so, and
• data from partners and employees of the Company as a result of internal referrals or other information generated as part of our recruitment processes.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information we collect in a number of ways, including:
• to identify you and process your application
• to manage the recruitment process, assess and evaluate your candidacy and decide whether or not to offer you a job
• to contact you with communications about employment opportunities with us
• to fulfill our legal and regulatory obligations, including reporting obligations and in connection with potential or actual legal or regulatory proceedings or investigations
• to fulfill our contractual obligations
• to communicate with you and provide information requested by you, and (where relevant) to repay approved expenses incurred as part of our recruitment processes
• to improve our website, including auditing and monitoring its use, to provide users with a customized experience, and to understand our website audience and demographics and their interests and content preferences
• to determine if we need to make reasonable accommodations for candidates who are disabled and have need for such
• to fulfill our obligations under diversity and equal opportunities regulations, and to monitor the effectiveness of our diversity efforts
• to support and evaluate our personnel
• in connection with the administration of events
• to book travel, and
• to obtain business-related information through surveys conducted by us and others.
We process personal information on one or more of the following grounds:
• for our legitimate business purposes, as described above
• to take steps with a view to entering into a contract of employment with you
• for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or proceedings
• to comply with legal and regulatory obligations
Sharing Your Personal Information
Your information will be shared with individuals involved in the Company’s worldwide recruitment efforts. This includes members of the HR and recruitment team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process and partners/managers in the business area(s) relevant to your application.
We may also share your personal information with trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
• IT service providers
• your appointed recruitment agent (if applicable), and
• our own professional advisers and auditors.
If your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment, we will then share your data with our employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks (which may include contacting your former employers to obtain references for you).
In some circumstances, we may also pass information to regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. We may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. Where possible, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you before disclosing your information, but we may be legally restricted from doing so.
This may involve a transfer of your information from a location within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) to outside the EEA, or from outside the EEA to a location within the EEA. The level of information protection in countries outside the EEA may be less than that offered within the EEA. We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information nevertheless remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Protecting Your Personal Information
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other of our IT systems (including email). We use a variety of technical and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Retaining Your Personal Information
We retain personal information of different types, or relating to different categories of people, for different periods, taking into account its business purpose. For example, information about individuals who have applied for employment with us will be retained for a shorter period than information about individuals who have actually worked for us.
The periods for which we retain information are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used. We take into account legal and regulatory provisions which require information to be retained for a minimum period. We also consider the limitation periods for taking legal action and good practice in the legal industry.
If your application for employment is successful and you join the Company, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment.
Your Personal Information Rights
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You may:
• access and obtain a copy of your data on request,
• require us to change incorrect or incomplete data,
• require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing,
• object to the processing of your data where we rely on legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing, and
• ask us to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override our legitimate grounds for processing data.
California Notice of Collection of Personal Information
The Company collects the categories of “personal information” (as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act) cited in the section entitled “The Personal Information We Collect” above. We use this information as described in the section entitled “How We Use Personal Information” above.
What If You Do Not Provide Personal Data to Us?
You are under no obligation to provide data to us during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
If you have any questions on the matters covered in this notice, please contact us at [email protected] or (720) 575-2272.
Changes To Our Recruitment Privacy Notice
We regularly review this Recruitment Privacy Notice and may make changes as our services or privacy practices change, or as required by applicable laws or regulations. This notice was last updated on December 17, 2021.