Recently there has been an influx of support tickets regarding the amount of time it’s taking accounts to be identification verified. We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through the backlog of verifications. If your account is still pending verification please review these tips to help speed up the process. If you recognize an error you may have made, you can re-submit your ID in the SALT dashboard.
Submit a valid, non-expired, government issued ID.
Make sure the photo updated is just of the ID.
- For best results, place ID on a flat surface on top of a blank white piece of paper.
- Please don’t withhold any of information on the ID.
- Selfies are not a valid form of ID.
- We don’t need you holding the ID in the picture.
Submit the information on the verification form exactly as it appears on your ID.
- For example, if a member enters Chris for their first name on ID verification form but Christopher appears on their ID, our service provider will submitted it for manual review.
- Submit the address that is listed on your ID, not your current address, they’re not the same.
Make sure the photo is clear, legible, and in color. Please don’t scan your ID if at all possible, as this can cause unexpected issues.
Upload the back of any non United States ID. (In many cases, non United States IDs will have necessary information, such as expiration date, on the back.)
We are unable to verify temporary or paper ID’s.
If you are confident you submitted your ID correctly after reading these tips please feel free to reach out to the Support Team at [email protected]. Thanks for being a member of the SALT community!